Friday, March 20, 2009

Second Ultrasound

Today may be the current winner for "Best Day!"
As soon as the ultrasound wand went in, BAM, I could see the flicker of the heartbeat. It was the most beautiful sight. She turned it on for us and we got to hear the sweet sound. The heartbeat was 151 bpm. Tom and I were smiling from ear to ear with tears in our eyes. She gave us more pictures and sent us on our way.

Following that, we met with the doctor. Peanut was measuring 6w6d, which is what I am today! Everything else looked great. We are officially graduated from my RE and are released to OB. Now if I can just decide on one..

We took a trip to buy my soon-to-be-needed Bella band. Then, we went to Fridays for lunch. What a great afternoon.

Thinking back...I was ecstatic to see the positive tests, but I needed blood work to confirm it. The blood work proved the tests were right, but I needed to make sure they rose correctly. When they rose, although slow, I needed to get to the first ultrasound to make sure there was a baby. Even seeing that perfect sac, I needed to see/hear a heartbeat to make sure there was life. Well, here I am at the end of my pregnancy proof. Damn, there is life inside me. Life cant possibly get much better.

Well, if I can get over this sickness, which I have self-diagnosed as bronchitis, life would be a bit better. Only a little, though.

There is a Rascal Flatts song that sums up how I feel right now. Here is a verse from "Here"-

And I wouldn't change a thing
I'd walk right back through the rain
Back to every broken heart
On the day that it was breakin'
And I'd relive all the years
And be thankful for the tears
I've cried with every stumbled step
That led to you and got me here, right here


I almost forgot. Here is our little lovebug. Whom, by the way, we are 100% convinced is a girl.

26 comments:

Meg said...

awwww! Hearing the heartbeat for the first time makes it all that much more real. I cried hearing both my babies for the first time.

☆ Loren ☆ said...

Oh So exciting! I'm so happy for ya'll! I can't wait to follow your blog through the next 8 months! :)

mrsmiller2007 said...

Thats awesome!!!! I'm so happy for you guys.

Mommy said...

What a perfect song to describe it! You are pregnant!! Believe it!!!!

Christa @ Quintooples said...

YEAY!!!!!

I am so happy for you guys!!!! The flicker of the heartbeat is the best. :*)

I miss those days....

Joy said...

So happy for you both! Wonderful picture!
Hope you feel better soon!

King Quads said...

Isn't that the coolest thing EVER! I am so happy for you guys...I can't wait to see pictures of that little peanut in 7 1/2 months!!!!

Where's Baby? said...

Baby Robertson is precious! :)

Congrats again! :)

twondra said...

Awwww, so sweet. Thanks for sharing! I'm so happy for you guys!

Stephanie said...

What a wonderful picture!!!!!! and a great day!!! So happy for you!

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

I am so happy for you...congratulations on hearing a heartbeat! You really have a baby in there :-)

Thanks for your comment on my post today! I know you're busy, so thanks for taking the time to stop by!

Alyssa said...

Yea! I'm so glad things went well. I'm in the same boat as you were: I saw the pee tests, but needed blood work. Initially (13DPO) it was great, but a few weeks later (at 5.5-6.5 weeks), numbers werent doubling.... so I'm getting an ultrasound but not until Mar 30 when I'll be 8w4d. :S

I wish it was sooner, but I'm glad I get one. I hope all is well.

jill said...

HEARING the heartbeat is so amazing! that was when it all sank in for us. congrats to you guys. NO ONE in the WORLD deserves a bouncing baby more than YOU! oh...and if you decide to name her sophie, we should totally talk. i have about 100000 monogrammed goodies we could share. hah!!!! :)

Allisyn said...

You dont know, I'm just another blog jumper.. I found your blog a couple weeks ago and I am so excited for you and your hubby and your little peanut... I remember the first time I heard my babies heart beat... I felt the same way you are feeling, just wait until you feel your peanut kicks you.

Kahla said...

Awesome Day! Congrats on hearing that most beautiful sound and graduating... I still haven't and won't for another week and a half. Now your just a regular pregnant girl, bet you never thought you hear that! ;o) Woohooo!!!

Stephanie said...

How exciting!!!
What great news!!!

Angelwingsbaby said...

Everything is ok it's just AF is not showing her face.I will have to adjust my ticker. If I go by when it started last month and not the end of the b/c then 28 days would be on this sunday.So lets hope it comes by then and that it just hasn't been long enough. I am so glad that you are doing wonderful I am very happy for you!I will keep you posted on my progress. ((HUGS))

Bri said...

Yeah! Wonderful news! I completely understand what you mean by the Rascall Flatts song. While I certainly did not enjoy fighting infertility and would never wish it on anyone, I would never trade my experience because it is part of who I am now and it has shaped the way I look at my pregnancy and the way I will look at motherhood. I really wouldn't trade my path to this baby girl :o) I wonder if yours will be a girl too!

beth ewing said...

what great news. it sounds like all is well and you're doing well with adjusting to being pregnant. i know it's hard for some to accept after years of IF, but i hope you'll be able to enjoy every little second. oh and i'm gonna laugh when it's a boy. hehe!

Sarie Lou Who said...

yeah! can't wait to see that peanut get bigger and bigger!

Sue said...

Woo-hoo!! Hooray for ultrasounds! So glad everything is right on track. But I am dying to know how you think it's a girl??? Do you guys have names picked out already?

Mrs. Hammer said...

Yeah for the best day ever :) I'm so happy for you both; you deserve this so much!

Ashley said...

That post made me sooo happy!! Your little lovebug is adorable;) Are you thinking up girl names??? Have a good weekend honey. I hope you feel better!!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Hearing the hearbeat for the 1st time was always my favorite thing. Well, then you get to see their features in a few more weeks (like 12) and that was my new favorite.

Hope you are feeling better soon so that you can treasure EVERY SECOND of this pregnancy!

Dianne said...

Yay!! That is so wonderful. I hope I will follow in your footsteps soon!!!

Tiffany said...

Awww SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you.