Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baby Thoughts

Lots of baby related things running through my mind:

1. Today, I am feeling so thankful for where I am right now. I am thankful to be pregnant. I am thankful this baby will be born with parents that love each other more than ever before.
2. I have this frame with "All because two people fell in love" on it. I have been waiting for the day I could put our baby's ultrasound picture in it. While in the shower, I heard a song with those words in it, and remembered! Finally, the frame will be used!
3. I started our baby's scrapbook today. There are 4 pages so far. Basically, the pictures of the positive tests, cards, and the ultrasounds. I love it so far and cant wait to add each week.
4. Our meeting went well yesterday. I couldn't help but look around the room and wonder who got pregnant naturally and who had assistance.
5. I am totally in love with this swing. It is unbelievably soft and comfortable. Plus, it has chocolate brown in it, which is the color of our family room furniture.


6. We do plan on finding out the sex. However, I imagine we will still go neutral on a lot of the big items. We hope to have another baby right after this one, so we don't want to have to buy new things because everything we own is blue/pink.
7. I am planning on taking weekly belly pictures beginning this Saturday, which is 8 weeks.
8. I have never been a fan of odd numbers, but I think 11-7-09 is the most beautiful date in the world.

16 comments:

The Pifer's said...

I love this post!!!! I love the swing--and I can't wait to see weekly belly pics!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Ace said...

That's a pretty good due date, personally I like the 8th better because it's my birthday!

Stephanie said...

Buying all the new stuff is so much fun!!!

I think 11-7-09 sounds like a wonderful day!! :)

Christa @ Quintooples said...

beautiful swing!

Slings...I have always preferred a ring sling because they are completely adjustable, and the tail can double as a nursing cover!

I have also used a Moby wrap, which is great if you are going to have the baby in for long periods of time.

I have never been a fan of the pouch, but some women LOVE them.

Keep away from padded slings. They seem nicer, but in my experience...the simpler the sling the better.

Remember, the key to baby wearing is PRACTICE! It feels un-natural at first, but babies love it and after a few baby wearing sessions, you will love it too!

I loved my maya wrap ring slings (www.mayawrap.com) original sling.

Hope that helps!!!! :)

oooo, check out the Amby Baby bed too....they are amazing.

Stephanie said...

I cant wait to see the belly pics start!!
Good idea about the nuetral colors!!
I think that sounds like a beautiful date too! My bday is 11-12!!!

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

Yay! You're thinking about baby! And by the way, I can't wait for the belly pics.

Gill said...

Wonderful post! That swing is gorgeos! I do hope you will post pics of your ever growing tum!

twondra said...

Awww, so sweet. Beautiful post. I can feel how happy you are. (((HUGS)))

Stacey said...

Can't wait to see the belly pics! I love the swing. Have fun picking out all the baby stuff, I think I could go crazy in the baby section of every store. Everything always looks so cute. Do you have any names picked out?

Ashley said...

Can't wait for the belly pics;) Love this post!!

Jennifer Liford said...

hi! i'm new to the blogger world but came across your blog! I'm so happy for you and your husband... congrats! I wish you nothing but the best! :)

Sugar and Ice said...

We have the same swing in a different color/pattern, and it is wonderful!

moni328 said...

I love this post! The swing is so adorable!

That due date is wonderful, it's one day before my wedding anniversary :) I can't wait to see your belly pics!!

You are going to be such a great mom :)

Charity said...

Baby thoughts are the best.

I LOVE the date, my bday is 11-9-79, so I am partial to those numbers ;)

Have fun picking out all the loot, it is a blast. I would advise to buy used when possible and save the difference because they outgrow so much of is SO quickly, even with multiple kids some of the stuff sees literally a few months of usage total.

Dianne said...

I agree a great day!!! Congrats girlie!!

Suzanne said...

I just found your blog a few weeks ago and wanted to officially say "Congrats" on the BFP. I'll be following along closely because our due dates are 3 weeks apart - I'm due on Thanksgiving Day.

Since you're ahead of me, I'm expecting lots of details so I know what I'm in for! :)