Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Award and Vacation

I was nominated for this award by a few bloggers. Its about time I got around to acknowledging it. Thank you!


This one is for those who use the lemons in their lives to make lemonade, or who help do the same for others. If I read/comment on your blog, consider yourself tagged. Your stories keep me going!
______________________________________________________

Thanks for all the suggestions for vacations. My first thought was a cruise. After a lot of research, I have found cruises in June to be very pricey. I wont force myself to pay the same amount for a 3 day cruise in June, as a 7 day cruise in October. Id rather save that trip for an off-season vacation.
I also looked into going somewhere all-inclusive, like Mexico. Again, way too expensive for us right now.
That leaves us with..the continental United States. The upside of that is we can fly anywhere for $125 round trip. My good friend, Heather, is a Southwest flight attendant. She gets these things called pink passes where you can fly on stand-by. Tom and I have used them twice before, once to FL and once to CO, and never had a problem. She will give them to us if she has any extra at the time. If not, she can ask around and usually finds someone within a day selling them for about $125/person.
Anyway, we can go anywhere Southwest flies for dirt cheap. Now, its a matter of choosing where and finding a hotel. We are too young to rent a car without super high rates, come on 25!, so that is out of the question. I really want a beach. I want the vacation to consist of laying by the pool/beach during the day, golfing for Tom, and nice dinners/shopping at night? It has to be located withint a few blocks, so we dont have to spend too much on transportation. I am going to keep browsing websites and plugging places into hotels.com. Hopefully the perfect getaway will be found soon!
_____________________________________________________

My ultrasound is in 20 hours. I want to see the reason I wont be drinking green beer at the Southside Irish parade this Sunday. :)

21 comments:

Christa @ Quintooples said...

Have you checked this place out? http://www.vacationstogo.com/?source=specificmedia

I want to go on vacation SOOOOO bad!!! I can't wait to hear from you tomorrow!!!

amanda said...

hope you find someplace fun. i'd suggest wisconsin. but wisconsin is pretty much illinois, but wisconsin. :0)

JalenasMommy said...

Sounds like fun! Hope about Naples, FL. I always stay at The Naples beach hotel and golf club. It is on the beach, beautiful, and has an amazing golf course right there at the hotel! IT is so nice! Here is the website!

http://www.naplesbeachhotel.com/

Rachel said...

silver shells spa and resort! You should Google it, It's awesome! Another good search engine is vrbo.com, good luck!

Tiffany said...

I pray that you will be seeing your little no green beer reason in just 17 hours. They really are FANTASTIC little reasons.

The Riggs Family said...

Congratulations on the award nomination! I have found your story to be encouraging and have been praying for you. I don't know what your price range is, but we love Hilton Head. One bedroom villas aren't too badly priced and if you stay in Sea Pines, the beach is close by and it's very cute. Check out www.vacationcompany.com We also love the west coast. Santa Barbara is beautiful and very walkable, so you'd just have to take a cab from the SB airport.

Melinda said...

I second Hilton Head! Great beach, golf, dining, and shopping (GREAT outlets too...Carter, Osh Kosh, Gymboree, etc). Good luck choosing!

Melinda

Stephanie said...

Praying for you tomorrow!! I know you're anxious..I just can't wait to hear the wonderful news!!!!!

MOBACH'S said...

you should look into going to Hawaii... not sure if that airline flies there ( i am canadian) we have friends who just got back from there and it is so nice. so many beaches within walking distance and if you go online you can find people who rent out condos etc.. not sure of the website but i can get back to you. and you can cook for yourself if you want to but then still walk to dinner!

Deen Family said...

San Diego!

twondra said...

Hope you're able to find a great vacation getaway! You deserve it!!

Can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes!!

beth ewing said...

i would say hawaii too b/c we lived there for 4 years and LOVED it but you said continental US. i'll third hilton head b/c that's only about an hour from us so i could meet you.

Lindsey said...

I was thinking Orlando. Even if you bypass the Disney Parks, you could stay at one of the nice resorts that have awesome pools. Disney also has great golf courses. Also, they have 2 super cool waterparks. I think any pregnant lady would LOVE a lazy river to float during the summer heat! And, they provide transportation to basically anything owned by Disney. I would look into it!

Molly said...

Firstly - I really hope all went well for you today...
Now - holidays (sorry I'm English and I just can't say 'vacation'!). I live in Bermuda - it's a couple of hours flight from the US and the beaches are amazing and the golf is good too.
I also used to live in Hilton Head - and the other comments are right - it is a beautiful place. There are a few good priced hotels, plus really great restaurants and bars. Golf is amazing there. Hope that helps!

agk11808 said...

hello I just started reading your blog and I wanted to say CONGRATS! I hope your ultrasounds goes perfect!

Kriss said...

I have thought about you all morning. Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound! -kriss

WantWait&Pray said...

GOOOOOOD LUCK! I can't wait to see the update and ultrasound pics!!!!!!!

WantWait&Pray said...

Oh, and I would suggest Miami or south near the key's. You can rent a condo or house (vrbo.com) and save money by grocery shopping and making meals. There is great snorkling, beaches and SUN!

Heather said...

Good luck on your U/S. Also I would suggest not to go on a cruise in October. It is hurricane season & it tends to be ruff on the water.
Just my thoughts!

LucieP said...

ok....it's Thursday!!
Can't wait to hear from you!

JalenasMommy said...

I cant wait to hear the update..I've been checking your blog all day!