Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mission Completion

Transfer went great today! Tom and I headed downtown and thanks to traffic and a necessary stop to McDonald's, were about 15 minutes late. We were in the waiting room for an hour! My bladder felt like I could explode at any second..not very comfortable. Finally, the nurse came out and took us to our room. I got changed and waited for the ultrasound tech to come in. I really wanted to run to the bathroom, but they said to wait for her to see how full my bladder was. She said I was an overachiever, that my bladder was extremely full. She also joked that I wouldnt be fun to go on roadtrips with! She said my uterus looked perfect and my ovaries are 1.5-2 times the size of my uterus. Those things can stretch! I ran off that table and was allowed to pee into a cup three times. I felt so much better.

Tom, ready to get this started

Cheeeeeesy smile!

Happy as can be

The doctor came in and gave us info about our embryos. He said my age surely had a factor in how great the eggs were. We had the talk of how many. I stressed that this is our only shot at this. He said it was a no brainer that we should put two in, as long as we are fine with twins! He said there is a 1 in 50 chance that one embryo will split to two and we would end up with triplets. We signed the final papers and were ready to get those babies inside me.


The actual transfer was a breeze. The doc set everything up and got the catheter in place. The ultrasound tech said I got the "Best Lining of the Day" award. It was really neat watching it all on the ultrasound machine. Then, the embryologist brought our little ones in. We watched the screen for a white flash, which was them releasing. It was such a defining moment in our life. We even got a picture! I couldn't get our scanner to work, so I took a picture instead.


The white blob in the center to the left is the two embryos!


We were jumping with joy-not literally, of course-afterward. We have such a great chance at this working. Its hard to not get ahead of ourselves. I was able to get up right away and use the bathroom. We drove home and have been relaxing ever since. Now, we wait.


Peanuts-Please make yourselves at home. I promise to keep you warm for the next 9 months. We are absolutely in love with you and cant wait to bring you into our family. -Mama

22 comments:

Erin Crista said...

I'm very excited for you and your Husband! Looking forward to your updates...

Praying for you and your babies!!!

*Hugs*

Laura said...

I was thinking about you ALL morning!! I'm so glad to hear it went so smooth! Can't wait for more updates!

JalenasMommy said...

You go girl!!! I am so excited for you guys! I have tears of joy just reading your post! I am praying for all of you!

cady said...

i'm so glad today went so well! i can't wait for your updates. i'm praying the peanuts make themselves at home. :)

ASHLEY said...

So happy for you....can't wait to see what happens.
Praying!!!!!

Gill said...

Oh i am so excited for you guys. Those smiles say it all don't they :) Glad today went well and praying that your little peanuts get their room how they like it and make themselves comfy in there :) This is SO cool!
Hugs and blessings.

Sarah said...

I have been refreshing my screen all morning looking for a update..I am so excited for you two...

Look forward to the updates :)

Sarie Lou Who said...

Yeah! I'm so excited things went well. How long do you have to wait to pee on a stick?!

♥Tabitha said...

Yay!! Congradulations, Mamma! I'm so excited for you! You'll be in my prayers! (((HUGS)))

The Patterson's said...

Yeah! I am so glad things went well!! I'm getting ready to update our blog with the picture of the embryos, but their printer was broken so I couldn't get the ultrasound picture. Congrats!!

Mush said...

That sounds so cool! I would have loved to have had twins. How exciting!

How long until you can do a pregnancy test?

Dan and Gretchen said...

YAY!!! Take it easy the next few days, and we're praying for some "sticky" embryos :)

☆ Loren ☆ said...

Sending extra prayers our way! Your almost there!! I'll be on pins and needles waiting for BIG NEWS!! :)

Ashley said...

I am SOOOO excited for you. I was smiling the ENTIRE time I read your post. I know this is going to work for you and Tom. Yall are in my prayers!!!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Yeah! Stick peanuts, stick :)

Charity said...

Wow! I have to tell you that this all seems so miraculous and special, just as much so as "normal" conception. And reading your story has really educated me and changed my perception of IVF and infertility etc. There is quite a bit of negative stuff in the media especially right now, so it is great to see a "real" story and how amazing and good science and modern medicine really is.

I am so happy for you! Keep up the good energy, I am sure it makes a difference.

Happily Ever After said...

YAY!!! :) :) :)

Dave and Elaine said...

I am so excited that you have reached this point in your IVF journey!! Praying for you now as you wait.

Michelle said...

Just happened upon your blog and I will be praying for your family. How exciting for you both! I will be checking back to see how things are going. Good luck!

beth ewing said...

glad to hear it all went well. praying those little peanuts take hold.

LucieP said...

aw I am so happy to hear it went well.

Loving the 3 post !

It will be interesting to see what God has planned for you all!

Hope you continue to feel well. Your pictures are so cute and I love seeing how excited hubby looks!

Tiffany said...

I am so so so happy for you. Do you have embie pics? What were the grades? Did you freeze any? Sorry SO many questions. I am VERY excited for you. You are PUPO Mama!!!!!!