Friday, February 6, 2009

Follicle Check Friday

I don't feel very good and am about to lay down, but wanted to update about today. My appointment went really well. We are all set to perform ICSI. Assisted hatching will be performed if the embryologist thinks it is necessary. I have 16 follicles, the largest measuring at 13. I will lower my follistim dosage to 150 IU, continue with 10 units of Lupron, and add in 75 units of Repronex. 3 injections..one being the big needles..shudder. My estrogen level was 232, which I think is good. I don't have anything to compare with. I have another appointment on Sunday. Unfortunately, my regular office is closed on the weekends, so we have to venture downtown for a 7 am appointment. Retrieval will likely be late next week, depending on how I progress.

A special shout out to my friend Evan at IVF Princess. She had her retrieval yesterday and they got 19 follicles! And she avoided OHSS. I am so happy for her and can't wait to hear the fertilization report. Yay, Evan!

I'm off to watch Ellen. I realllllly hope I am not getting sick.

7 comments:

The Patterson's said...

Sounds like things are progressing just as they should. That's exciting!

Ashley said...

YEah!! That's a good follicle count:) I hope you don't get sick!! Have a great weekend. If you get time I"m ready for that IVF info:(

Mrs. Hammer said...

Oh my gosh that is all wonderful news. I can't believe this is all happen so quickly for you. Get some rest!!

Happily Ever After said...

Wow! ER next week. And your follicle check went well. So exciting! Take care and rest lots this weekend. I don't want you to get sick.

Mimi said...

YAY!!!! I am so freaking excited for you!!!! I am praying for a wonderful, successful cycle for you!! Mommyhood, here you come!!

Kami

Evan Nicole said...

Whoop, WHoop!!! You are doing awesome!!! Retrieval here you come!!!

Tiffany said...

Gatorade, gatorade, gatorade. Meals high in protein. Sounds like you are doing great. We ended with 16 too, you are responding VERY well. The Repronex isn't too bad, but it does burn a bit. It will be just fine. Thinking of you.
-Tiff