Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Details

116 comments? Seriously? You guys are amazing. Every single comment was read and absorbed. Thank you so much for all of your support. Really..thank you.

Rewind with me to earlier this week...

Monday and Tuesday I felt really down. I kept trying to convince myself that this didn't work. I was thinking I wouldn't be as disappointed if I expected a negative. Something great happened Wednesday. I don't know what it was, but this amazing sense of calm came over me and I was in a great mood all day. Tom was doing more homework that evening, so I ran to the store to pick up some tests. I had this extreme urge to test. I didn't want to wait until the morning. I didn't even want to wait until I got home. I was this close to testing in the Target bathroom. I rushed home and showed Tom the digital box, telling him I would wait until Friday. He told me not to test until then. My sneaky butt had the First Response ones hidden in my purse and took a little trip to the bathroom. I peed and tried hard not to look at the results. I lasted probably a minute and then saw that second line. I couldn't believe it! I rushed to Tom and said, "I cheated, but its good." He turned around and my shaky hands gave him the test. I kept saying, "There are two lines, right? There are two lines!" He happily agreed. We kissed and hugged and stood in shock. I wanted to see the word Pregnant, so I went back to the bathroom and used the Clearblue. Tick, tock, tick, tock..Pregnant. Holy cow, is this really happening?



Two pink lines..FINALLY!

Proud Daddy!

I can not believe I didn't cry for hours. I was and still am running on pure adrenaline. We are in absolute shock. I can't thank all of you enough for your prayers over the past few months. I know they helped guide our journey to parenthood.

I called my nurse Thursday to see if I could get my blood work appointment moved to Friday. She congratulated me on the positive test and said sure. I couldn't wait to get the really proof I was expecting.

Tom went with me in the morning. For the first time, I was happy to be sitting in that office. We were in and out in ten minutes and got the call a few hours later. I am indeed pregnant! My level was 86 at 8 days post. I will go in Monday and Wednesday to make sure the numbers are rising correctly. Then, we will talk ultrasounds.

I have tons and tons of more to update on. I have been super busy the past few days. Tom went to show our house to a few families and will be gone until tomorrow. I'll be sure to find some time tonight or tomorrow morning to get this blog up to date.

Peanut(s)-You did it! We are SO proud of you. Now, Mama will do her part and take the best care of you. You are loved by so many already. You are an absolute miracle and we will never forget that.
-Mama and Daddy

February 25, 2009 will forever be etched in our hearts.

25 comments:

Christa @ Quintooples said...

I am sobbing!!!! You just brought back so many memories of my special day...August 15, 2003.

There is NOTHING in the world like knowing that there is a new person on the way!

Congrats. I will be praying that those number double (or triple!) on Monday!

Jeff and Kerry said...

I'll never forget the day we got the positive beta results, either. August 20, 2008. Sooo amazing. Congrats again!

The Pifer's said...

Congrats again sweetie! God bless you and yours! I am extremely happy for ya'll!

Tiffany

Ace said...

What an exciting day! It's been 9 and almost 12 years since those special days for me, but the memory will last forever! Congrats again!

JalenasMommy said...

Congrats! SOO happy for you guys! I cant wait to read about your pregnancy journey!

amanda said...

ahh. it is so exciting. and there is nothing wrong with testing in a store's bathroom. i tested in walmart's bathroom for my last to pregnancies. it gives an interesting story to tell. i LOVE how the word 'pregnant' pops up. so fun. i'm so happy for you!!

Gill said...

Look at your smiling happy faces :) I am so pleased for you guys.
I still recall finding out with all 3 of my babies (now 13, 12 & 9) and am smiling as wide today for you as i did for myself :).
Take care,
blessings.

Mush said...

I expect you just feel so many different emotions all at once, and I'm sure that will continue for some time yet.

It's good to do the diary to look back on as you soon forget because of all the excitement.

How long until you have a scan to see if it is one, two, or three!?

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

Even though I don't know you, I'm so excited you have your BFP!

And thanks for adding me to your blog roll...you're sweet!

A.V.A said...

I'm so excited. I'm so glad the numbers are going up. Can't wait to hear more about those sweet babies! ;-)

cady said...

i'm so happy for you guys and getting more hopeful that i'll get my bfp!

Two Little Bugs and a Bichon said...

I remember testing everyday until we got our beta, I lined them up and marked each one just like you have 6dp, 7dp, 8dp...it is such a happy, happy time!!! And 11dp3dt our beta was 365...just so you have something to compare to in twin world!!!! ;-)

Where's Baby? said...

Oh, I'm so happy! Here's a huge ((((((( HUG )))))))) just for you, Tom and baby! :)

Jennifer said...

I am in tears! This brought back so many memories of when my husband and I found out we were pregnant for the 1st time. It was Dec 9, 2008!!!

I have been praying for you since finding your blog a few weeks ago.

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you and your hubby!!

Will be praying for those numbers to increase on Monday:)

Kahla said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm so very thrilled for you both and those smiles on ya'lls faces are awesome! I think that's a really good number too!

Ashley said...

I'm so incredibly happy for ya'll! You give me so much hope that this is going to work for me. I can't wait to follow your pregnancy:)

Mimi said...

me tell you something. If there was a cloud nine and you were sitting on it, I would be sitting right next to you full of so much joy and happiness for you. I am overflowing with so much joy. I am so excited to watch you through your pregnancy. I will be here with you through your good times and hopefully not so many bad (morning sickness, etc)

Hugs,
Kami

Stephanie said...

There's nothing in the world like two lines!!! Can't wait for the next nine months...so much fun is to come!

Congrats again!!!!!

King Quads said...

Yippie!!!! Congrats!

MOM said...

What a BEAUTIFUL post!

McFarland Family said...

I am sooo excited for you!! What a miracle you have growing inside of you....the fun has just begun!!!!
Newbie reader from Mckmama
Lesley McFarland
kltfamily.blogspot.com

Mommy said...

HAHA - your husbands face is priceless. Like, I am reallllly happy, BUT I'm not sure I want to get the pee stick too close! HA! Congrats again!

The Patterson's said...

Congrats, again!! This is so exciting! Can't wait to watch the betas rise and this little one grow!

Tiffany said...

I am sobbing like a baby. Thanks for the details! I too will never forget our first test January 24th.

Dawn said...

I just stumbled on your blog but reading about taking your tests truly took me back to when we were trying for a couple years. We never did the IVF but we did 3 IUI treatments and the 3rd one worked! Reading a positive test after reading numerous negative tests is truly a wonderful thing! I'm so happy for you guys! And I look forward to following along in your peanuts journey.
Our daughter is now 2 and she is truly a delight! CONGRATULATIONS!