Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Within Reach

Its time for a little update!

~I am on CD 14 of my IVF cycle. I am officially more than half way through my birth control pills!
~Tom and I are going downtown on Monday to give his specimen to be frozen as our backup. The first time I called, they said it was $250. The second time I called, they told me $200. When I made the appointment yesterday, they said $150! I love that these prices keep going down!
~I am enjoying this time without doctor appointments. Once those injections start, I will be at the office way too often.
~My medication package will arrive tomorrow or Friday. The woman wasn't able to give me an exact amount until she processed the order. She said she would call tomorrow and let me know how much we owe. $10 is my goal. ;)
~As the wave of feelings toward IVF continue, I have moved onto pure excitement. I keep thinking that in about a month, there is a good chance that I will be PREGNANT! Being pregnant has seemed so out of reach for too long. Its' surreal to think that I may, scratch that, WILL be me by the end of February.
~I am getting anxious to move some of my IF blog buddies from "Waiting on a Miracle" to "Miracle on the Way" (See right of my blog) Come on ladies, I am rooting for all of you!
~Thank you to everyone that has offered me their leftover drugs! You are TOO kind. To be honest, I am too lazy to go through and compare the amounts to what my doctor ordered. I will get back to you if it turns out I need anything. Thanks, again.
~I am glad you enjoyed my Phoebe comment. I absolutely love Friends and probably reference it once every few days. I would love to "pull another Phoebe" and get prego with triplets. At this point, I will take ANYTHING. <~~~~That may come back to haunt me later..
~I plan on really enjoying this weekend. It is the last weekend that wont revolve around injection times and appointments. Plus, my b-day is on Sunday. We have some fun plans in the works and I am really looking forward to it.
~I am supposed to attend a RESOLVE meeting tomorrow night. Unfortunately, Toms grandfathers sister passed away and her wake is tomorrow. I am not sure how timing will work and if Ill be able to do both. We will see.

Okay, Erin, time to wrap it up. I need to run some errands and finish watching the first season of Private Practice. :)

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Good Luck to you!! I am thinking about you and sending up some prayers!! Enjoy Private Practice...I love that show.

twondra said...

Good luck sweetie! I'm thinking and praying so hard for you to "pull another Phoebe". :)

Dan and Gretchen said...

Your turn is coming, I just know it. God will reward you for your patience...but I know how hard it is to be patient. Your treatments have almost followed exactly what I had to do...lots of IUI's and then just 1 IVF...so keep your chin up :)
Lot of hugs coming your way!
PS...I'm a sucker for all of the little signs...I have several in my house too, but my mom just had to have the one in the nursery.

Tiffany said...

I am getting anxious for you! Good luck honey! I love Private Practice.

Dianne said...

I am excited for you too! I love Private Practice, but honestly it iritates me sometimes because of how fast the IF stuff goes by for them! I wish it could be that simple!!!

{owens} said...

hello erin, i'm a total stranger but found your blog through others with if issues. i feel that i'm going to be on the road to ivf soon and was just wanting to hear your story. my name is ashley and my email is ashandcam@gmail.com. good luck with your ivf...hopefully youll conceive this time and you can put this all behind you.

Josh and April said...

This post has me so excited for you! I can not wait to see you post "We're Pregnant!". Happy Early Birthday! :)

Mimi said...

I am so excited for you honey!!! You are almost there!!! I keep thinking the same thing. There is a 70% chance that I will be a mommy by this summer. It is so exciting!!! You WILL be a mommy next month. I just know it!!!

Kami