Thursday, January 22, 2009

Surrogate Sister

IVF has allowed me to have many conversations I never imagined. Here is one:

Jeralyn(My 25 year old fertile sister)
Erin(Me, the infertile)

Erin: So, I have something to ask you.
Jer: Yeah?
Erin: If Tom and I were to die together, would you be responsible for our frozen embryos?
Jer: Hmm, sure. What would I do with them?
Erin: Well, you could donate them, discard them, or be our surrogate and have Tom and I live on forever.
Jer: Okay, do I need to sign anything?

I am lucky to have a sister like her. She has offered to be our surrogate, if the need ever came. I really don't want that to be the case. I want a big 'ol belly! But its nice to know she loves us that much.

9 comments:

amanda said...

what a blessing!! i know that i would be a surrogate for my sister or sister in laws in a heart beat! i am praying that it is YOU with the big ole belly though!! :0)

♥Tabitha♥ said...

That's so sweet of her! My sister has also offered to be a surrogate, and even to donate her eggs if we find that mine are "bad"! So sweet of her, but like you, I would rather use my own womb, and eggs if possible! but it's still such a nice gesture!

ASHLEY said...

OH, THATS REALLY SWEET THAT SHE WOULD DO THAT....HOPEFULLY IT WILL NEVER COME TO THAT AND YOU WILL GET YOUR PRECIOUS BABY THIS YEAR...PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR HUBBY!!!

Ashley said...

That's so sweet!!

Dan and Gretchen said...

Oddly enough...my mom has "guardianship" of our embryos should something happen to the both of us. She frequently asks what she would be expected to do with them :)

Tiffany said...

What a great sister. I have some GREAT friends that have whole heartedly offered the same things, just last weekend (before our ER and good news) my bestie offered up her eggs to us. I was so very touched, I thought I was going to cry. I know that somehow and someway it will work and we will have those big ol' bellies.

twondra said...

Awwww, what a sweet sister! You're so lucky!!

Dianne said...

Aww sisters are the best! My twin sister has already offered as well! My husband and I joke around that if we had to use her eggies that they would be genetically the same as mine! Let's hope that we can both use our own!!!!

Tarahville said...

That is really great of her! I wish I had a sister who could help us out.

I emailed you regarding the necklace. :)

Let me know if you have any further questions.

or you can email me at tarahville@cox.net