Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Darling

I have been thinking a lot lately about my darling husband and his role in our baby's conception. It seems like its common for the man to be somewhat forgotten about during infertility treatments. The woman is the main priority..the one with appointments, blood draws, injections, medications, mood swings, extreme emotions..I could go on and on. And what is the husbands role in all of this? Support! And a few deposits in a cup. ;)

Tom has been an amazing support for me with every aspect of our live, especially the infertility struggles. He has kept his head high even when I knew he felt down. He is a constant source of optimism and love. He adds a sense of humor to a dreaded topic. He has wiped away countless tears. He has put up with a lot the past two years.
I have fallen in a much deeper love than I ever knew possible. I can't imagine the feelings I will have when I am carrying his child inside me. That day cant come soon enough!

Here are a few of my all time fave pics of us.

Rehearsal Dinner

Best day, thus far

Getting married in the most beautiful church

Walking into our reception

Our honeymoon

Last night in Cancun

Country Thunder 2007

Niagara Falls

Snowshoeing in Estes Park

Sunny day at the Animal Kingdom

Country Thunder 2008
Forever and Ever, Babe

TRob-I love you more today than I did yesterday, but not as much as I will tomorrow. Thank you for being an amazing husband and my best friend. I can not wait to experience the rest of our lives together. I know it will include many babies, living somewhere warm and a German Shepherd. :)
Love you to the moon and back-Bear

8 comments:

Sarah said...

What a beautiful couple you are... and great parents you will be!! :) Also, Happy (early) Birthday!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Love, Sarah

beth ewing said...

so sweet. i do think the men get left out. i try to talk to my husband now about how he's feeling. i never realized the emotions they go through in all of this.

ASHLEY said...

0h, what a sweet post....maybe i should be nicer to my hubby, well if he starts helping out more often!!!

Ashley said...

That was AWESOME;)

Mimi said...

What a wonderful post. Isn't it so wonderful when you love the person you're with more than anything. We sometimes forget the important role our husband's have in this journey.

Mary Kate said...

what a beautiful couple you are!! isn't is wonderful to have the support of a wonderful husband especially going through IVF...it is such a roller coaster of emotions!! Sweet post!!

twondra said...

Awww, that brought tears to my eyes. How special. Thanks for sharing!!!

Tiffany said...

Very sweet, you guys are just too cute. I love the pictures, and your wedding was gorgeous. Your lives will be full of babies, I just know it! I too have fallen MORE in love with my DH during this process, something about the struggle has made us more sensitive towards eachothers needs and feelings. Hard to believe that something good has come of all this pain, but it HAS and for that I am thankful.