Saturday, January 24, 2009

First Lupron

Time for a quick update:

My appt. went well yesterday. The birth control pills did their job. I took my last one yesterday. I did my first Lupron injection about an hour ago. We rushed home and wanted to do it right at 9pm. We didn't get a chance to take pics. Oh well, there will be plenty of more injections! It went off without a hitch. The injection site was really red for about 30 minutes. It has now gone almost back to normal. I return on Feb. 2nd to see if I am fully suppressed.

I really need to stop shopping for clothes that will look cuter with a belly. I now have three or four dresses..I just want that cute little bump come summer. Please, pretty please?

I was browsing a few blogs yesterday and came across Tarah's. She sells these beautiful necklaces and I knew I needed it the moment I saw it. I plan on wearing it on my retrieval and transfer days, as well as others.

I bet next month I'll be ordering this one:

Here is her site. Buy one and bring IF awareness to others. :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5923969

I hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend.

5 comments:

Mrs. Hammer said...

You are really moving right along on the IVF protocol, it's so exciting. Those necklaces are really cute. I'll be praying for you to be able to purchase the 'mother' one really really soon!!!!

Ashley said...

I love those necklaces!! I hope we can both purchase those mother necklaces very soon:) Have a great Sunday!!

Evan Nicole said...

I LOVE the first one! I showed Stephen and he immediately logged on and got me one...you always find the cutest stuff!!! Go ahead and buy that mother one, you'll be ready to wear it VERY soon!!!

Tiffany said...

LOVE the necklace. Glad the shot went of without a hitch.

Charity said...

First time commenting. I don't even know how I initially came across your blog but I have been reading for a few months and just want to let you know that I am praying this works out for you and can't wait to read along as you become a mommy! You have such a good attitude and seem so deserving.

I haven't gone through any of these struggles myself but reading your story and those of your oher commenters really makes me realize how much can be taken for granted in becoming a parent to a healthy baby.