Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Easy Lupron

I am floored at the response to my last post. You ladies are the best! Thank you for the encouragement, I really needed it.

And you are so right. I was focus on the statistic of it NOT working when I should be thinking there is a 50% chance that it IS going to work. The glass IS half full. I AM going to be a mommy.

I will do my best to remain positive. I am grateful to each of you for reminding me to keep my head up and trust that our prayers will be answered. Thanks, again.

In cycle news, my period arrived yesterday. They told me to expect it 2-5 days after starting Lupron. Day #4 was the day! I hope this is my last period for a very, very long time.
Today was day 5 for Lupron injections. The side effects have been mild. I have been tired, but what else is new. I have had a headache every day. My muscles were very achy the first two days, but luckily that has gone away. All in all, I think Lupron has been treating me quite nicely. My next appointment is on Monday. If all goes according to plan, I will start Stims on Tuesday and get my first check on Friday 2/6.

My mom has been saving her change for us and handed me $80 today! That will pay for 2 doctor visits. She is truly the most selfless person and a wonderful Grandma. However, she goes by Ama. :) I will love giving her Robertson grand babies.

I'm off to watch CSI with my love. Goodnight. And thank you again for being a part of our journey.

8 comments:

twondra said...

That's the spirit. :) Your mom sounds like a true gem. :)

Mae said...

I have been following your blog for a while now but this is my first time commenting. I have been praying and will continue to do so for you and your hubby! I have a feeling that this is going to work this time! Stay strong and in no time you will be a mommy!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Positive is good. Just think of how much better your chances are than if you weren't doing IVF. You're odds are pretty darn good! I'm crossing fingers for you.
~~HUGS~~

Mimi said...

Positive thought honey!!!! You WILL be a mommy!!!! I believe that! I am so excited to go through this with you!!!

Kami

Ashley said...

I'm glad it's treating you pretty good!! I watched CSI last night with my love too;) Hope you have a great day honey!

Triplet Mama said...

Hi! I just found your blog from Mimi's. It's been exactly three years to the day (tomorrow) since I had 5 embryos transferred back (I started my IVF cycle on January 9th, 2006). It was our 2nd and last IVF + ICSI, and reading your last two posts brought be right back to those fears and the feeling of despair. My only advice to you is to take it day by day, making sure you do the injections right and DO NOT stress and rest a lot. There is nothing else that you can do. You'll be fine! My three little miracles were born at 28 weeks and are doing great, check out our blog for some mindless fun :)

amanda said...

that's right sista!! :0) csi starts here in a few min...can't wait. :0)

Tiffany said...

Aww how sweet of your Mama. Have a great weekend!