Monday, January 12, 2009

Continuing IVF

Well, the test came back within normal range. I must say I am pretty surprised because my boobs are still really sore. Is it odd that I am somewhat disappointed that my blood test came back normal? I thought this was the mising piece in our puzzle. I guess I was wrong.

We will continue with our IVF plan. I am in my second week of birth control. I havent been sleeping well at night, so I'm blaming it on them. I go in Friday the 23rd for bloodwork and ultrasound. I will likely take my last pill that evening and start the Lupron shots that Saturday. I am still waiting to hear how much the medications for the cycle will be. I may "pull a Phoebe." If you have ever seen the Friends episode where Chandler buys Monicas engagement ring, Phoebe goes with and tries to haggle with the seller. The ring is something like $6,000 and she responds with, I will give you $10. I may try that will this IVF cycle..see how far it gets me. :)

We have a blizzard warning for this evening. Boo! Everyone I know is sick of the snow, and its only early January. It is going to be a long winter.

8 comments:

Sarie Lou Who said...

well if you are really going to pull a phoebe, don't forget to talk to the embryos first and tell them to grab on! Maybe you’ll get triplets!

Tiffany said...

Hehe.. good luck with that hun! I have a VERY little bit of Gonal- F leftover, I wish I had more! Only about 200 iu's. I have two pens left and each has 100iu's left. One expires in March and the other in May. I won't tell you that it is 75 degress in my neck of the woods today. :-)

Ashley said...

That Phoebe comment made me laugh because I have every DVD of Friends! You might end up with triplets like her:) I'm praying that this works for you!! YOu can send some snow my way...we would love a day of it;)

Dan and Gretchen said...

I have a brand new vial of Lupron left...I'm not sure that it's very expensive, but if you find out that it is, you are more than welcome to have mine.
Glad to hear that there aren't any major issues holding you back...I'm sure you'd much rather get this news than something more serious.

Mrs. Hammer said...

I know that having a normal value leaves mixed feelings but look at it more as clear direction. There is no plan B or C to choose from only A and that is to keep moving forward with IVF. And who knows, maybe you will pull a Phoebe and have multiple peanuts!

WantWait&Pray said...

Best of luck...email if you have any questions as you REALLY get going on this! :-)
Also, still planning your MN trip? I live in MN so if you have any questions about anything...let me know!

Its A Corny Life... said...

Yay! You are moving forward. This is good news. My insurance didn't cover any infertility treatments, but did for some of the drugs. I think the most expensive thing is the Gonal-F (or Follistem), if you have to be on that. If they end up putting you on Menopur, I have 4 vials...expire in June of 2009 so I will never be able to use them. Hint hint.

Mimi said...

I am so excited for you!!!!! YAY! Tell them you will give them a lock of your hair for the meds... LOL LOL I don't think that would work huh???

Kami