Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Round Four

Another month passed and it's time for another fertility update.

1. It still amazes me how much it hurts when you hear the word negative. I ended up taking a test Sunday, as Tom asked me to wait. It was negative, but we were still optimistic. It was confirmed with my blood work yesterday. However, I did not get the results until this morning. My nurse was on vacation and there was some mix-up of who was calling me back. So, I had to sit around waiting for a call that never came. I was pretty mad when I called in this morning and they said how sorry they were. It just seems so heartless to leave a woman waiting on huge news. We should get that call as soon as they have the results.

2. My bloodwork appt. was at 10:15 and my IVF consult was at 10:30am. Dr. S. and I basically reviewed my past few months of treatment. He said this past cycle was "perfect." Great lining, great sperm, great follicles, etc. Therefore, we are going to do one more IUI cycle. We will be doing it exactly the same as last month. It falls convenient with Christmas and such. He said this will be the last one and if it doesn't work, we will move to IVF. He handed me a very long packet with tons of overwhelming information and sent me on my way.

3. We aren't sure if we will take a break after this IUI or go straight to IVF. I feel like our minds and my body need a little rest. As well as our wallet..Hopefully we wont have to make that decision and this next IUI will work.

4. I will be in the same stress-related vacation dilemma as I was this month. We are going to Toms grandparents vacant condo the day after Christmas until the following Monday. I haven't mentioned it, probably because I don't want to go. I would like to go somewhere different, but this is cheap and easy and our good friends are coming with. I guess I cant really complain. I will be smack in the middle of the 2ww though. At least this vacation will be relaxing, unlike Vegas.

5. I've felt pretty down today. I really can't believe we are still struggling to get pregnant. January marks our 2 year TTC anniversary. That's something to celebrate, huh? It also is when I will turn 22..dreaded 22. I wanted to be Mama by my 21st birthday..that didn't happen.

6. I am going to try to put it all behind me and enjoy the beautiful month of December. I love Christmas and all the fun activities that come with it. I must have been very bad this year, for me to not be granted my gift..that heartbeat. I'll take it as a birthday present though..to anyone that is listening. :)

I will do a Vegas re-cap tomorrow. I have so many beautiful pictures I want to add. The Sunday before we left, Tom gave me my Christmas/B-day gift early..a Nikon D60 camera! Thanks to that, we have some gorgeous, frame worthy pictures. I also have some great ones of my niece/nephews to add. All in good time..all in good time.

I took the time tonight to update my blog roll. Please let me know if:
A. I put you in the wrong spot
B. I forgot you
C. You would like to be added

Goodnight.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Reading your post brings back my infertility wounds, so fresh, to the surface. I am so sorry you are going through this. I will be praying for you and your husband this month. My husband & I always seemed to o through our infertility treatments on all the holidays... we spent Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas in the RE office one year... ugh! The positive side is we have our son to show for it. Keep hanging on and I will be praying for you! :)
Sarah

Dave and Elaine said...

Praying for you.
Has your dr discussed doing laporoscopic surgery to check for endometriosis? I was looking at your history and it seems our treatment plans have been very similar. After my three failed IUIs my RE told me if three don't work there is usually an underlying issue (endo) that can only be detected through lap surgery. Just curious if your RE has mentioned anything about that... especially since it seems there is no male factor here and you are so young (both GREAT factors in your favor!)
Praying for you...and glad to have come across your blog!

Dave and Elaine said...

PS: I had the lap surgery last month and Stage 2 endo was found. I had no symptoms.
We are praying that conception happens naturally this month but if that is not God's plan we will probably do another IUI after the new year.

Stacey said...

Sorry to hear it was negative. My prayers are with you. I'll be praying that you get your birthday wish!

PS. Thanks for adding me to your blog list!

Stacey said...

Oh and I forgot to say, congrats on the new awesome camera! Let us know how you like it. I've been researching for a new DSLR camera and the D60 was one of my top picks.

Ashley said...

I am praying for you to receive your miracle!! Keep your head up high and try to enjoy Christmas. I have a feeling that this next IUI is going to work:) You are in my thoughts honey!!

amanda said...

stay strong. and know and trust that our god has an awesome plan. much better than you can even dream up.

Kalle said...

I hope you guys find peace with all of your decisions, no matter what they may be. Your Christmas wish just might be around the corner. Keep up your amazing positive attitude.

Congrats on the camera. I've been looking into getting a new one and that kind has been on the top of the list.