Monday, December 15, 2008

Last Chance

After such a crappy few days last week, I had such a great weekend! Friday I went to the doctors and had 3 follicles. Two measured at 14 and one at 10. I was told to continue to injections the entire weekend and come back Monday. I was a little surprised because this is the longest amount of time I have done the shots. I told myself to not obsess and went on with my day. Friday night Tom and I went on a date Friday night. We ate at Buffalo Wild Wings-yummy!-and saw Four Christmases. We thought it was pretty good. The end with make any infertile couple cringe. I would go into detail, but dont want to ruin it for anyone.

Saturday, I let Tommy sleep in and took Delaney with me to get our nails done. I wish I took a picture of her nails/toes. They decked her out with pretty designs! She looked like an ornament. While dropping her off, my sister asked if we wanted to hang out with Tyler while they ran errands. Of course, I said yes and was super excited for our first outing. Tom and I picked up Panera and stopped by his moms house. Sidenote-I loved holding that lil peanut in Panera and having everyone ooh and ahh over him. Who cares if they thought he was ours..:) His grandma has bad Alzheimers, and loves babies. I knew bringing him by would light up her day. Toms mom told me she has been buying baby stuff for us. She is keeping it in her "hope chest." I find it sweet, but depressing. I am trying so hard to give her her first grandchild. I couldnt possibly try any harder! We dropped Tyler off and headed home to get ready. Toms mom asked for a picture of the four of us for her Christmas gift. We went to JCPenney and had portraits done. They turned out pretty cute! We ended up taking pictures of the four of us, the three siblings, the twins, and the married couple. A few of Tom and I are great. Ill scan them when I pick them up on Thursday. We shopped at the mall a bit; it was beyond crowded. We found a beautiful diamond cross for Stefi, Toms younger sister. We couldnt pass up the sale and will give it to her for her graduation present. It's gorgeous and I can't wait to see her reaction! We watched Dark Knight later in the evening. We were two of the few that did not see it in the theatre. I liked it, even having never seen any other Batman movie.

Sunday we lounged a lot. I ran out to get a few more Christmas gifts and wrapped them up. We went to the zoo for Holiday Magic. They decorate it beautifully and its fun to be there at night. My friends Dominica and Zach came, who we havent seen in far too long. I took my last injection at night and slept horribly. I usually have a few days of interuppted sleep around my IUI. Ugh.

I went to the doctors today and the two 14's moved up to 20 and 22. The 10 moved up to a lousy 10.5. I am excited that we have two very large eggs! Plus, this is the first IUI set that will be done on and after day 14. I will take the Ovidrel this evening at 7 pm. IUI #1 will be tomorrow at 10:30 am and IUI #2 will be Wednesday at 9:30 am. I will find out just before the first of the year. I have a lot to celebrate in January..my moms birthday, my mother-in-laws birthday, my birthday..it would be amazing to celebrate a pregnancy!!

As Courtney would say, I want to be KNOCKED UP in 2009!

9 comments:

Tabitha said...

Here's to you getting "knocked up" in 2009!! =)

Kalle said...

Sending all those good vibes your way. I hope this is the one!!

Ashley said...

GOOD LUCK GIRL!! Those numbers are GREAT!! I'm so happy for you...I'm praying that it works out. We are probably going to do IVF next so would you mind emailing the info that people sent you? If it's too much trouble don't worry about it. My email is apatin1@hotmail.com

GOOD LUCK AGAIN!!!

Happily Ever After said...

I think this sounds like a promising cycle. I'm hopeful for you. I wish we could get together too!

Jessica said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully the new year brings great surprises. We are going to watch Dark Knight this weekend (if we ever get power back in this stinken Northeast)!!!

Emily said...

Good luck!! Hope you have some good news for us before 2009!!!

Sarah said...

What great numbers!!! I will be praying for you Tues and Wed!! Sounds like you had a fun filled weekend!
Love, Sarah

Stacey said...

we'll be praying for you! I hope you have some wonderful news in 2009!

Tiffany said...

Your cycle sounds great, best of luck!